Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
This describes an increase of approximately 3,000 people who were laid off from their jobs between January 28 and April 8.
The number of Sverdlovsk residents working part-time also increased by 1,716.
By April 1, there were 7,692 people on forced leaves, in contrast to the 634 people on forced leaves on January 28.
There are now 47 businesses cutting jobs, which is a rise of 15 businesses.
In addition, there are now 132 companies that hire only part-time employees. This is an increase of 36 businesses, and it took place between January 28 and April 8 of this year.
The future does not look better for people seeking employing in the Sverdlovsk region.
Experts estimate that another 53 workers from Ural Electro-Chemical Plant based in Novouralsk will be unemployed by July 1, 2015, and another 30 people will be unemployed because the Yekaterinburg subsidiary from MSK Insurance Group has been liquidated. When Uniland Yekaterinburg leaves Kamensk Uralsky, another 51 workers will lose their jobs. An additional 31 people will lose their jobs in Pervouralsk at the state-run Centralized Accounting Office.
Organizations in this story
Ural Business Consulting Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants