Over 3,300 fake banknotes discovered in Ural region
In total, throughout the entire country, 71,433 fake bills were found in 2013, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Most of the fake currency is in 5,000-ruble bills--or $140--followed by nearly 38,000 fake 1,000-ruble bills, 7,484 fake 500-ruble bills and 422 fake 100-ruble bills.
The highest concentration of fake bills was discovered in the Central Federal District, where authorities recovered over 41,000 fake banknotes, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Last year, a total of 2,107 fake banknotes of foreign currency were found. This included $1,945, €133, 15 RMB, and ₤14.
The government pointed out that they work with external partners, using specialized technologies and licenses to fight counterfeiting, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants