Court: AKB Rosbank in violation of Yekaterinburg borrower's rights
After a consumer named I. Cherepanova filed a complaint, the Sverdlovsk region division of Rospotrebnadzor in the Oktyabrsky and Kirovsky divisions of Yekaterinburg carried out an investigation and later sentenced the bank to a $317.36 fine, Ural Business Consulting reports.
An inquiry revealed that when AKB Rosbank merged with Bank Sociйtй Gйnйrale Vostok, Cherepanova's car loan agreement was transferred to AKB Rosbank. After the transfer, some terms were added to the agreement that infringed on the consumer's legally protected rights.
The bank violated Russia's Civil Code by charging a commission for offering the loan in accordance with the creditor's rates, violated Russia's Consumer Rights Protection Act by forcing the borrowing party's life insurance to be obligatory and violated Article 310 of Russia's Civil Code by allowing the creditor to make changes on the loan agreement if the circumstances of the loan should change dramatically if the borrower did not reply to the changes within 20 business days, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The bank said the ruling was illegitimate and brought the case to arbitration court. The court found that with the exception of life insurance issues, the bank was in violation of the law and validly faced administrative liability.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants