UMMC Yekaterinburg loses Jēkabsone-Žogota
Jēkabsone-Žogota has a torn ACL that will require surgery, LoveWomensBasketball.com reports.
The injury occurred during the fist quarter of UMMC’s game against Ros Casares. When Jēkabsone-Žogota was removed from the game, she had scored nine of UMCC’s 15 points. UMMC went on to lose the game by a score of 81 to 63.
UMCC has the option to get Hana Horakova back from Kosice to replace Jēkabsone-Žogota, per their agreement with the team. Horakova, however, would not be able to take part in the first round of playoffs if the two teams play against each other.
Jēkabsone-Žogota’s injury is part of a rash of ACL injuries that plague EuroLeague Women. Both Alba Torrens and Gülşah Gümüşay, stars for Galatasaray, have been sidelined with knee injuries, according to LoveWomensBasketball.com.
Jēkabsone-Žogota will have surgery in Germany. The recovery time is expected to be six months.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants