USUE holds conference on role of minerals and precious metals in national tourism
After opening remarks from USUE Vice-Rector for Science Dmitry Karkh and Head of USUE's Department of Tourism and Hospitality Elena Kurilova, attendees heard speeches from Berezovsky Deputy Chief of Staff Margarita Dorokhina, Yekaterinburg Foreign Relations Committee Chief Specialist Marina Cheskidova and Ural Tourism Association President Dmitry Bougrov. The speakers discussed ways to leverage Russia's mineralogical and metallurgical resources in developing national tourism.
Individual sessions were devoted to the role of regions in the development of national tourism products, best practices in organizing tours, professional training for geological-mineralogical tour operators and the formation of regulatory agencies to oversee geological-mineralogical tourism. The conference also included specialized sessions dedicated to collaborations with museums and the development of historical, cultural and natural areas.
Discussions were also held on the history of gold as well as industrial and modern uses of platinum. Throughout the day, attendees were free to tour the exhibition hall which featured commemorative coins, garments and accessories adorned with natural stones and assortment of gems harvested from the Urals.
The conference concluded with a plenary session attended by Maxim Maramygin, the director of USUE's Institute of Finance and Law; Roni Lyaybelt, the director of Germany's Evropashtudienpoekt education center; Galina Courland, professor at Spain's University of the Basque Country Bilbao; Anna Dzivettski, the director of Germany's Terra Minerals museum and USUE Philosophy Department Head Sergey Kropotov. During the plenary session, participants discussed the high potential for tourism in the Urals.
Following the closing of the conference, participants were invited to tour Ural State Mining University's Geological Museum, Yekaterinburg's Museum of the History of Jewelry and Lapidary Art, the Gold Museum and Berezovsky's training mine.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants