China's Hainan Airlines begins service at Koltsovo Airport
Originating from Beijing, Hainan's Airbus A330 landed at Koltsovo's international terminal at 11:10 a.m., local time. The plane departed Koltsovo at 4:10 p.m. for a return flight to Beijing.
"Koltsovo is a leader among regional airports in Russia on the development of the route network and work with air carriers," Koltsovo Production Director Denis Bukin said. "Starting flight service with largest Chinese airline, Hainan Airlines, confirms this high status. We are please to provide our passengers [with] new travel opportunities for South-East Asia and wish the new carrier...well-deserved popularity among residents of Yekaterinburg."
Consul General of China in Yekaterinburg Tian Yunsan says the inclusion of Hainan Airlines at Koltsovo reflects the Chinese population's growing interest in Ural-area tourism. Chinese travelers are particularly interested in regional attractions associated with Russia's revolutionary and military histories. Yekaterinburg and the Sverdlovsk region also offers popular destinations for children's tourism, hiking, hunting, fishing and international family exchange programs.
"In the past year, according to statistics, the People's Republic [of China] was visited by over 14,000 Urals [residents]," Hainan Airlines representative Guo Qing said. "Next year...we expect to increase this flow by at least 25 percent. In recent years, we see a reorientation of both the business and leisure travelers in the East, primarily to China."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants