URSMU freshman wins international chess title
A student of URSMU's geology and geophysics department, Saduakasova defeated 60 youth chess players at an international tournament in Durban, South Africa, in order to receive her title.
During the tournament, Saduakasova competed in 11 rounds of chess and earned 10 of 11 possible points. Saduakasova already held 1.5 more points than her closest competitor in the penultimate round, which guaranteed her victory in the tournament.
A chess veteran of five years, Saduakasova became the youngest female grandmaster in Kazakhstan in 2012.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants