Anna Blinov and Olga Denisova win final round of Educator of the Year contest
Now in its third year, the Educator of the Year competition honors two of the 5,000 pre-school educators employed in Yekaterinburg in the areas of kindergarten teacher and instructor of physical education. The contest is held in three rounds, during which nominees are scored on professional written tests, creative presentations of their professional skills and a large-scale pedagogical project, Ekburg.ru reports.
Forty-three educators competed in the initial round of the contest, from which 14 were selected to advance to the next phase. Eight final contestants were allowed to advance to the final round on Friday, including three physical education instructors and five kindergarten teachers. The final challenge for the eight remaining contestants was to discuss their opinions on the professional standards of pre-school education in Yekaterinburg before the judges and audience.
This year's Educator of the Year judges included Yekaterinburg Head of Education Administration Eugene Umnikova and Natalia Vedernikova, the head of the functioning and development of complex safety, according to Ekburg.ru.
Blinov, an employee at preschool No. 28, took first place in the kindergarten teacher category while Denisov of DOW No. 461 was the winner of the instructor of physical education category. Each of the eight finalists received a certificate of accomplishment and gift certificates to purchase modern devices to assist them in their classrooms, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants