European LED technology to be used in Yekaterinburg sewer pipe renovations
This sewer renovation project will be the first use of the LED method of pipe rehabilitation in Russia and is regarded as a much more stable and long-lasting method of piping readjustment. After the pipes are re-aligned and sealed using a special resin, crews will fit LED lights to each end and expose the interiors of the pipes to strong light for several hours. As a result of the intense light, the pipe joints fortify and are less likely to crack, Ekburg.ru reports.
LED pipe rehabilitation was developed by a Danish company five years ago and has since been used successfully throughout Europe. Yekaterinburg officials will demonstrate the LED technology and procedure to the public at 11 a.m. local time on Sept. 24 at 143 Lunacharsky street, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants