Ural Mining University to host All-Russian Student Chess Championship
This will be the second year Ural Mining University has hosted the championship at its campus, with events scheduled to occur in Tsar's Hall and the Research Library of the university's Institute of International Economics. More than 100 students from across Yekaterinburg, St. Petersburg, Belgorod, Krasnoyarsk, Kazan, Voronezh, Saratov, Tomsk, Stavropol and other Russian cities are expected to compete in this year's championship, Ekburg.ru reports.
The events will commence with a grand opening ceremony presided over by Sverdlovsk Minister of Physical Culture, Sport and Youth Policy Leonid Rapoport, Chess Federation of the Sverdlovsk Region President Igor Chernogolovka and Ural Mining University Students Sports Union Chair Stanislav Naboichenko. The championship will be held in nine rounds, with game sessions scheduled throughout the week between three and seven p.m. local time, according to Ekburg.ru.
Ural Mining University will be represented by three student teams at this year's championship--one male and two female. The host university's teams are considered among the tournament's favorites to win having recently secured top positions in the Mountain chess tournament and the National University Games, Ekburg.ru reports.
The winning individual and team at this year's All-Russian Student Chess Championship will each receive a cash prize of $516 and have the opportunity to qualify for larger league tournaments, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants