TMK participates in PIPES-2014 conference
This year's conference was held September 15-18 at RosNITI's headquarters in Chelyabinsk and was co-sponsored by the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade and the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs. Industry representatives from pipe manufacturing firms, oil and gas companies and industrial schools traveled from across Russia to attend the conference. Among the businesses represented at PIPES-2014 were Gazprom, Rosneft, Lukoil, Tatneft, Transneft, Uralgipromez, TsNIIchermet, TSNIITMASH, VNIIGAZ and VNIITneft.
Now in its 21st year, the PIPES conference is held to showcase achievements in the Russian pipe industry and features product demonstrations, guest speakers and exhibitions. This year's guest speakers spoke on the importance of developing Russia's domestic pipe market to meet the country's infrastructural and technological growth needs. Sverdlovsk Department of Metallurgy and Trade representative Vladimir Klimov, FRCC Director A. Kale, RosNITI CEO I. Pyshmintsev, TMK Technical Sales Director S. Chikalov, CHTPZ Managing Director V. Tazetdinov and UMC P. Research Director P. Stepanov each mentioned Russia's growing domestic pipe market in their speeches.
"Under the current restrictive measures on the part of a number of countries, we are probably the most prepared and competitive industry sub-sector, which is able to meet the demand in Russia and the countries of the Customs Union," Kale said.
PIPES-2014 also featured organizational sessions devoted to the technological issues related to the production of tube steel, billets, rolled steel products and oil pipes. A separate educational session for university students was held for the first time this year through a collaboration with South Ural State University, allowing the students to present the results of their academic research into metallurgical topics.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants