Smithsonian senior preservationist Amy Ballard visits Yekaterinburg
During her time in the Urals, Ballard spoke with students in Chelyabinsk, Tyumen and Yekaterinburg about her career and about the work of the Smithsonian Institute as a whole. In her talks, Ballard discussed the similarities between Russian and American architecture.
At the conclusion of her visit, Ballard and her colleague Sally Yerkovich conducted a workshop at the U.S. Consulate Office in Yekaterinburg where students learned about a number of museum-related topics including museum management, social media use, volunteer organization, marketing and fundraising. The workshop drew approximately 60 attendees including museum experts, librarians, students and other interested Sverdlovsk residents.
The U.S. Consulate in Yekaterinburg has archived the slides from Ballard's presentations here.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants