Yekaterinburg court extends detainment of Kinev as suspect in pensioner's murder
Kinev--detained until Jan. 9--and two of his municipal deputies are accused of allegedly organizing and executing the murder of a female pensioner in order to take the woman's one-bedroom apartment. Kinev and a deputy were charged with the murder of the pensioner, while one of the two deputies has been charged with aiding and abetting a murderer, RIA Novosti reports.
A trusted associate of Yekaterinburg Mayor Yevgeny Roizman, Kinev was elected to the City Duma under the endorsement of the mayor's office. Initial investigations attempted to tie Roizman to the conspiracy to murder the pensioner, but the mayor has maintained his innocence in the matter throughout the ordeal.
According to Roizman, the pensioner scheduled a meeting with the mayor to seek assistance and Kinev volunteered to help her. Roizman said that he himself contacted law enforcement officials after noticing he pensioner had disappeared, according to RIA Novosti.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants