Urals gymnastics team takes title in Russian Cup
Women's gymnastics team captain Aliya Mustafina received top scores in three separate events, helping lead her team to finish first by a margin of five points. Mustafina, an Olympic champion, also won the women's all-around title for earning the highest scores on the uneven bars (15), balance beam (14.9) and floor exercise (14.3). Meanwhile, Russian Cup bronze medalist Maria Paseka took top place in the vault event with a store of 15.3, International Gymnast reports.
Teams from St. Petersburg and Central region were awarded silver and bronze medals, respectively, among the women's teams last week. St. Petersburg teammates Tatiana Naviyeva and Ekaterina Kramarenko ranked high in the separates event, with Naviyeva scoring 14.8 on the vault and Kramarenko scoring 14.6 on the uneven bars. The Central region's Viktoria Komova took third place on the uneven bars while Maria Kharenkova, also of the Central region, took second on the balance beam.
In the men's event, the Urals team took the gold medal for its narrow defeat over Siberia. Finishing with a combined score of 257.8, the Urals men's team was lead by European championship David Belyavsky who placed second all-around in the Russian Cup. Belyavsky scored 15.5 on the floor exercise, 15.1 on the pommel horse, 15.4 on the vault, 15.7 on the parallel bars and 14.9 on the high bar, according to International Gymnast.
Nikita Ignatyev, of Siberia, won the gold medal in the men's all-around event and his combined high scores in six events helped earn his team second place. Meanwhile, the Volga region's male team placed third and was lead by four-time European champion Denis Ablyazin.
This year's Russian Cup in Penza was broadcast live over the internet on the official website of the Russian Gymnastics Federation, International Gymnast reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants