UrFU to establish joint exchange programs with three universities in Mexico
At the conclusion of the meetings, which were held at the campuses of Popular Autonomous University of Puebla, Caribbean University and the University of the State of Durango, the parties drafted a preliminary agreement regarding exchanges in the 2014-15 academic year. Puebla and Durango Universities were both included in QS ratings agency's top 50 Latin American universities for the 2013-14 academic year.
In the upcoming months, university officials from all four schools will hold a series of additional meetings dealing with the implementation of graduate-level exchange programs and doctorate-level research exchanges.
"We hope that the cooperation with leading universities in Mexico will lead to the development of a system of double master programs, primarily to attract Mexican students in our university as a distance, and on the basis of full-time," UrFU Director of International Education Ekaterina Lyubimova said. "The Mexican government supports the development of such relationships through special scholarships, and financial issues of interest of the Mexican students and teachers to study in Russia consistently high."
Last year, 44 students from the University of the State of Durango traveled to Yekaterinburg to participate in UrFU's Summer University program. UrFU officials expect even more Mexican students to study abroad in the Urals as part of the school-year exchange program.
"We expect about 30 Mexican students in the first semester of 2014 the English-language master's program," Lyubimov said. "Search, establishing such partnerships and joint educational programs, to be attended by foreign students--one of the priority services institution."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants