UrFU launches reduced cell phone plan for students in 2014-15 academic year
Beginning on Sept. 1, students who opted in to the UrFU-exclusive cellular plan began receiving service. Each student that enrolls in the plan is entered to win a free month of cellular communication, with a 10 percent chance of winning.
The partnership between Beeline and UrFU began in March when both parties signed an agreement of cooperation to promote the creative and scientific activity of students. Students worked collaboratively to develop proposals regarding the range and pricing of cellular services for a university-specific plan.
"In March, the students participated in the UrFU business simulator, and showed a very high level," Alexander Mikahilov, the head of corporate sales at Beeline, said. "The tariff was designed by students for students and inherently must meet all the needs of young people in dialogue. We expect that students will appreciate the tariff proposal, and it will be a unique gift freshmen from five minutes to graduates."
For $6.73 per month, the UrFU cellular plan offers 400 talking minutes, 100 SMS messages to any number in Russia and up to three GB of data. Students are not charged for incoming calls from long distance numbers nor are they charged extra for accepting incoming calls while in roaming mode.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants