Dynamo defeats Ural Yekaterinburg 2-0 at Khimki Arena
After trading control of the ball during the first few minutes of the game, Dynamo was able to take command in the 20th minute when Balazs Dzsudzsak passed the ball to Ionov allowing him to score. Four minutes before the half break, Ionov successfully scored a second goal from 45 feet away after stealing the ball from Yekaterinburg's Artur Yusupov, ZNews reports.
"We performed well in the first half, having scored on two occasions," Dynamo Manager Stanislav Cherchesov said, according to ZNews.
Ural Yekaterinburg was put at a further disadvantage in the 69th minute of game play when defender Pablo Fontanello was removed from the field for a bookable offense. As a result, Yekaterinburg's team was reduced to 10 players for the remainder of the game.
Dynamo now commands second place in the Premier League Championship and is three points behind current championship leaders Zenit St. Petersburg. The Moscow team is joined in a second-place tie by their Spartak counterparts, ZNews reports.
"In the second [place] we have been sitting on our advantage trying to spare our strength ahead of the return [to] the Europa League match with Omonia," Cherchesov said, according to ZNews.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants