American dance tour from Kennedy Center performs in Yekaterinburg
"The Meaning of Break Dance" was produced at Yekaterinburg's School of Contemporary Dance and was a special feature during this year's City Day. The show was performed by 15 dancers and musicians who collaboratively narrated the development of American street dance through the genres of tank dance, break dance and step.
During their time in Yekaterinburg, the visiting artists held a number of master classes at the School of Contemporary Dance's summer session. Prior to their departure, the dancers visited a local orphanage to demonstrate their performance skills and teach the children several dance routines.
The group's trip to Yekaterinburg was coordinated through the Consulate of the United States and was funded by the ongoing Russian-American Contemporary Culture Exchange program.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants