Criterium cycling event held on eve of city's anniversary
This year's road race drew 100 of the strongest cyclers in Russia, including athletes from Barrow, Izhevsk, Chelyabinsk, Yekaterinburg and Upper Pyshma to race a 15.5-mile track throughout the city and the Sverdlovsk roadway, Ekburg.ru reports.
The race began at 10:30 a.m. after an hour-long registration process, a brief opening ceremony and parade. Later in the race, area veterans were invited to race on the track as well.
All participants were required to have been born in 1974 or earlier. Awards were given to the top three athletes in each of the categories of "Best Young Rider," "Masters" and "Best Cyclist." A panel of veteran judges determined the winners, who were announced at a ceremony later that day, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants