Karabashmed begins construction of apartments for displaced residents
The relocation program was approved in 2010 by the Chelyabinsk region's division of Rosprirodnadzor, a government environmental watchdog agency, and has been supported by the administration of Karabash and the Karabash Assembly, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Karabashmed has designed eight separate three-story apartment buildings situated along the city's Shakhterskaya Street to accommodate residents displaced by the company's industrial activities. In total, 240 new apartments will be built. The project is expected to be finished by August 2016.
The design for the eight buildings has been approved by Karabashmed's chief architect and is awaiting approval from various regional government agencies. Karabashmed's press service said the company has a budget of $4.72 million for the project, according to Ural Business Consulting.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants