Military forces gather in Chelyabinsk region for Rubezh Frontier "war games"
Military units from across Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan gathered alongside of the joint staff and secretariat of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CTSO) to complete a series of drills as part of their simultaneous training with the Collective Rapid Response Forces of the Central Asian region, according to ITAR-TASS.
The training program began with an opening ceremony of a dress parade of the various military delegations participating in the program. Military officials of the four CTSO-member armies greeted one another during the parade as their respective nations' flags were lifted at the region's Chebarkul firing range. More than 1,000 soldiers will participate in the games this year.
"Military ceremony was highlighted with a concert given by a squadron of the Guards of Honor of Yekaterinburg garrison which showed arms drills," the CTSO press service said, ITAR-TASS reports.
Following the opening ceremony, the war games began with a special planning operation drill which challenged the militaries in a collective security region to ascertain foreign threats. The drill was also attended by representatives of Armenian and Belarusian military forces who participated as observers.
"Our main task is to train a multinational staff to work synchronously according to common plans and scenarios and under common command," the training program's chief of coordination CTSO Joint Staff Lieutenant General Anatoly Yakolev, according to ITAR-TASS.
The Rubezh Frontier war games are held every two years. In 2012, the CTSO successfully defeated the Central Asian forces at the Chebarkul firing range.
Following the simulations against Central Asian forces, the CTSO groups will participate in a number of battle activities including tank training, artillery gun battery firing, firing from helicopters and other ground activities, ITAR-TASS reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants