Rostelecom to provide telecom services for Urals customs office
According to a Rostelecom press release, the contract is an extension of an agreement signed between Rostelecom and the Ural Customs Administration in 2012.
The initial agreement calls for Rostelecom to provide data and telecommunications services to 57 regional agencies located throughout Sverdlovsk, Chelyabinsk, Tyumen, Kurgan, Yamal and Urga.
Under the new agreement, Rostelecom will provide the Urals customs office with virtual private network speeds of up to 40 megabytes per second.
"Secure virtual private network ensures the reliability and security of storage, processing and transmission of information, and can significantly reduce the cost of telecommunications services," Ural Customs IT Director Alexander Davydov said. "Technology allows employees to use corporate management in IP-telephony with short numbers, video conferencing [and] electronic document management system."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants