UrFU students bring home four medals from informatics Olympiad in Taiwan
In total, UrFU students received two gold and two silver medals during the competition--its first since 1991. This year marks the third time ever that UrFU has participated in the event.
UrFU science student Nikita Sivukhin received the event's top prize despite not being an information technology major. Sivukhin has participated in several university-wide, regional and national informatics competitions prior to this year's International Olympiad.
Most recently, he was named the winner of the All-Russian Olympiad in Informatics held at UrFU in March.
After graduation, Sivukhin plans to pursue graduate studies at UrFU's Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science and become a member of UrFU's computer science team.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants