Cisco Innovation Center to be developed at UrFU
The agreement was signed by Matthew Smith, Cisco's global development strategy head, and UrFU Provost for Academic Affairs Sergei Knyazev.
The Cisco Innovation Center will conduct research and development operations on Cisco-branded products through UrFU's Institute of Radio Engineering and Informational Technology.
In the next two to three weeks, Cisco and UrFU will develop and clarify areas of research and assign responsibilities. After those topics have been solidified, UrFU will select lecturers in the field of information technology from around the world to offer guidance to the staff and students of the innovation center.
The agreement stipulates that the Cisco Innovation Center will be functional within UrFU's campus in the next two or three months.
"With the establishment of the center, will switch into our educational programs of the materials, knowledge, skills and experience that are in demand around the world today," UrFU CIO Irina Bogdanovich, who will take a leading role in the innovation center, said. "This [is] mutually-beneficial cooperation. Cisco System, of course, also benefit from joint research and the ability to obtain the desired results."
Recently, UrFU was recognized as having the best information technology programs among Russian universities.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants