Amateur stand-up comedy contest to be held ahead of World Cup
The contest will begin at 8 p.m., local time, and will last for two hours. Amateur stand-up comedians from across the Urals, Siberia and Volga regions will compete for prizes and souvenirs during the event, Ekburg.ru reports.
The contest is scheduled to end moments before the the highly anticipated match between France and Germany is broadcast in Central Park's fan zone.
Following the conclusion of the match, DJ VndyVndy will play music for two hours, giving the assembled fans the chance to relax and dance, according to Ekburg.ru.
In total, Yekaterinburg's Central Park has organized 10 events to entertain fans between World Cup Matches.
On Saturday, Central Park will host a Ural-themed KVN Festival. The following week there will be a rap performance, cyber sports exhibition and rock concert on different nights during the final matches of the championship, Ekburg.ru reports.
Central Park's fan zone is sponsored by the administration of Yekaterinburg and was created to give fans a community-based and dynamic watching experience during the World Cup.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants