Koltsovo Airport hosts international aviation infrastructure conference
The two-day conference focused on best practices for developing regional air transportation. One of the keynote speakers at the event was Vladimir Tasun, the President of the Russian Association of Air Transport Operators. Tasun spoke about ways regional airports and airlines can partner with larger national and multi-national businesses to increase exposure for regional destinations.
Tasun further remarked that Yekaterinburg's Koltsovo Airport should be studied as a success story among regional airports, as it has continually broadened its services and routes in post-Soviet times.
Other talks were given by Omsk Airport CEO Victor Tiarev and RusLayn Airline CEO Dmitry Eshtokin. Tiarev discussed ways smaller airports can increase their efficiency, having recently led a program to enhance Omsk's on-time departures to 90 percent by introducing a 4-5 hour period of intensive work flow each day. Eshtokin discussed the role of regional airports in shaping the most efficient flight routes among regional air carriers.
The conference concluded with a tour of Koltsovo Airport, the largest regional airport in Russia. Airport visitors were given special demonstrations of Koltsovo's new high-tech machines which assist airport personnel with cargo handling and vehicle maintenance.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants