Yekaterinburg Southern Semi-Ring motorway to be complete by 2018
Kuyvashev's announcement came during a meeting between the governor and Russian President Vladimir Putin's assistant Igor Levtin, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The southern portion of the Semi-Ring will be the second section of the orbital roadway to be completed and will link directly to the Yekaterinburg-Perm Tract junction outside the village of Medny which has already been finished.
Construction of the southern Semi-Ring, which will connect to the Polevoskoy Tract, is scheduled to begin later this year, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Next, crews will begin construction on the third portion of the Semi-Ring which will connect the Yekaterinburg tract through South Woodland Park. Construction of the third section of the Semi-Ring is expected to begin in 2016 and is expected to take 2.5 years to complete.
Construction of the Semi-Ring orbital roadway first began in 1994 with the Northern Semi-Ring, which contains two 12 foot-wide lanes in either direction. The Northern Semi-Ring has the potential to be expanded by two lanes in either direction. Initially, construction of all three portions of the orbital roadway was expected to be completed by 2016, Ural Business Consulting reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants