Russian troops participate in combat drills in Southern Urals
The drills are part of a plan implemented by President Vladimir Putin last year to promote military preparedness, Shanghai Daily reports.
During the drills, motorized infantry units and and air defense missile divisions practiced their response skills through simulated scenarios presented without advance warning. Difference scenarios included railway and road threats.
Other drills included the launch of cruise missiles from eight TU-95MS strategic aviation planes, which took off from the city of Saratov on the Middle Volga River. The missiles successfully hit their targets on the Far Eastern Kamchatka Peninsula, according to Shanghai Daily.
According to the Russian military, Russia's Kemerovo region in southern Siberia will also host snap drills at the Yurga military training range.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants