Rhythms of the World festival held to celebrate FIFA 2014 in Yekaterinburg
"One of the objectives of the festival was to showcase the rhythms of the world," festival organizers said, according to Ekburg.ru.
The event was comprised of both a series of performances as well as an interactive component where attendees could learn percussion and dance techniques from all over the world. Master classes were held in African djembe drumming, Spanish flamenco dance and the Brazilian berimbau instrument.
The event culminated in a drum circle that saw approximately 8,000 professional and amateur drummers play collaboratively and exchange traditional drum greetings, Ekburg.ru reports.
Rhythms of the World will continue through Friday in preparation for the start of the World Cup 2014 activities.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants