Ural Federal University holds conference on engineering and international students
The session was led by Vice Rector Sergei Knyazev, who spoke about developing engineering programs and the natural sciences institute.
The program also invited employers, including Andrei Misyura, the deputy chairman of designers in the Sverdlovsk region.
Misyura spoke on the difficulties enterprises have in hiring employees. One such area of complication is language proficiency. Employers also focus on the practical skills of college graduates.
Some companies work with universities to provide real-world experience to students in order for them to develop applied knowledge. Such practices are mutually beneficial, however not common.
UFU rector Viktor Koksharov also spoke at the event on the importance of attracting foreign students, which will help the school increase its competitiveness with other universities.
The university said it will work to better attract and accommodate foreign students in the next five to six years.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants