Avtomobilist's Malykhin to join Ak Bars Kazan
The 23-year-old forward played an integral role on the Kontinental Hockey League's Avtomobilist team, scoring the most goals and assists in the championship, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Leonid Weisfeld, the general manager of Avtomobilist, said the club did all it could to retain the player, who called for a salary of $2.7 million per year.
Malykhin's contract with the club expired on April 30, giving the player the status of restricted free agent, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Fans of the Yekaterinburg club are left to wonder which team member will step up and claim the title of leader. Some expect Jakub Petruzhalek, a Czech senior winger, to act as a leader following his consistently high performances. However, there is no telling who might burst on the scene as Malykhin did only a year ago.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants