Undergraduate Yana Shipulj named 2014 Miss USUE
"This site is not only and not so beautiful," USUE Rector Mikhail Federov, who opened the contest finals with remarks, said. "When they say that is the 'Miss Beauty' it annoys me. Better described as a beauty contest and intelligence. This competition would be desirable to consider as an important moment-- an opportunity to show the power of beauty and intelligence at the global level. These girls confirm the high international status of the university, but in fact here a small fraction of those who want to show."
During the competition, the Miss USUE hopefuls competed in four categories: academic, dance, creative and interview. In the creative portion, some competitors sung while others played musical instruments, showcased drawings and read monologues.
Serving as judges for the competition were Elena Godovikh, the USUE vice rector for youth programs; USUE honorary graduate and entrepreneur Alexander Golikov; USUE distinguished graduate Dmitry Korotkiy; Miss USUE 2011 Eleanora Prokopeva; Miss Yekaterinburg 2012 runner-up Irina Vizgalova; and Novouralsk Mayor Vladimir Mashkov.
The first and second runners-up were Daria Bersenyova and Ekaterina Yuditskaya, respectively.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants