CSKA Moscow wins fifth RPL title in match against Lokomotiv
The 1-0 win over Lokomotiv occurred at the team's home stadium with a goal in the 47th minute from Serbian winger Zoran Tosic, USA Today reports.
"I don't know what to say," Leonid Slutsky, the coach of CSKA, which is owned in part by Uzbek businessman Iskander Makhmudov, said, according to USA Today. "It's just such a fairytale. Thank you to the people who supported us throughout the entire season."
Zenit St. Petersburg took home second place, with a 4-1 defeat over FC Kuban, advancing the team to the Champions League.
Lokomotiv will move on to the Europa League with its third place finish. The team had been leading the rankings for much of the season, before falling off at its conclusion, USA Today reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants