Rostelecom contracts Center of Energy Efficiency for fiber optic internet installation
The Center of Energy Efficiency, a joint venture of Rosatom and InterRAO, will be responsible for surveying installation areas, providing construction and installation services and contracting additional service providers for the project.
"We are well-aware of how complex and important [this] project [is] for the country," Center of Energy Efficiency Director Alexander Koreshev said. "We are confident that its implementation will provide a new quality of internet access for people in all corners of our country."
Upon completion of the project, Rostelecom estimates that more than 13,600 new internet connections, operating at speeds of up to 10 megabytes per second, will be established in villages with populations of 250 to 500.
"Build for five years [124,000 miles] of fiber optic communication lines to the remote areas of the country is a huge challenge and a huge responsibility," Rostelecom President Sergei Kalugin said. "The project's success depends on the choice of partners and contractors. It is therefore logical that to participate in our project was declared a joint venture of the country's largest state-owned energy companies."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants