Cuisines of USSR festival held at Mayakovsky Central Park
Cuisines of the USSR, which began at 11 a.m. on Saturday, was planned to coincide with the 69th anniversary of Soviet victory in World War II. Event organizers expected that the festival would introduce younger Russian citizens to Soviet cuisine, dance, music and games, Ekburg.ru reports.
At the festival, attendees were free to taste different national cuisines, participate in cooking classes, purchase folk arts and crafts and watch performances by numerous dance and music groups celebrating Soviet culture.
Presented by Yekaterinburg's Advisory Council on International Relations, Cuisines of the USSR is the first of the newly-formed council's scheduled events aimed at promoting inter-ethnic relations, cooperation with public associations, preserving national identity and developing national cultures of Ural residents, according to Ekburg.ru.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants