Magnitogorsk Metallurg defeats Prague Lion 7-4 for Gagarin Cup
MMK goalkeeper Vasily Koshechkina accumulated 17 saves in the first period of the game, allowing for only one goal, Ekburg.ru reports.
The Metallurg team continued to dominate in the second half. The coaching staff from Lion replaced the goalie for a sixth field player in the top of the 59th minute, which only resulted in another goal for the MMK team, with only nine seconds left in the third period.
Metallurg team members that scored goals in the game included: Francis Pare, Evgeny Biryukov, Yaroslav Kosov, Ian Kovarzh, Sergey Mozyakin, Michael Yunkov and Danis Zaripov, who also made three assists, according to Ekburg.ru.
David Ullstrem, Ryan O'Byrne, Martin Thornberg and Justin Azevedo scored goals for the opposing team.
Lion is the first non-Russian team to compete in the Kontinental Hockey League, Ekburg.ru reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants