UrFU graduate students take 16th place in supercomputer competition
The team--made up of Oleg Golubev, Ilya Kolmogortsev, Marina Mezentceva, Andrei Tretyakov and Eugene Dergachyov--took 16th place in the competition, which brings together competitors to design a multiprocessor cluster of three nodes, each containing two processors and two co-processors on a server platform that allows for reduced energy consumption.
More than 80 teams from universities around the world competed at the event. The UrFU team was led by Elena Nikolaevna Akimova, a professor of computational methods and equations of mathematical physics at IRIT-RTF.
Akimova led the team to a Silver Cup award. Each member of the team also received a diploma for their participation in the prestigious competition.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants