Sverdlovsk villages to see 20 new modular health clinics by year's end
Last year, the regional government was able to construct and open 11 modular health clinics in the rural villages. Each clinic is equipped with an office reception area, vaccination area, sterilization materials, staff rooms, patient waiting rooms and a bathroom. The cost per modular clinic totals $111,000, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Four of the clinics opened last year were in the the Gornozavodsky district, an area where residents have historically lacked adequate access to medical treatment.
"I have worked in medicine for 25 years," Lyubov Fatkhutdinova, the head of one of the modular health clinics in the Gornozavodsky district, said according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "Conditions have changed for the better."
With clinics already installed in Ust-Ducks and the surrounding villages of Ekvy, Harenok and Baron, residents of even remote portions of the Sverdlovsk region are anxiously anticipating the construction of new clinics.
Six of the 11 facilities constructed last year, however, are in need of repairs from the harsh conditions of the winter. Despite numerous requests from clinic staffers to the Sverdlovsk Ministry of Health over the past months, no repairs have been made, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Moreover, members of the medical community of oversee the operation of the modular clinics have expressed concerns that there may not be enough qualified medical professionals to staff the 20 new facilities scheduled to open this year.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants