Renovation of Chaika sports complex completed
The city began renovating the pool in November 2011. The renovations were met with several obstacles, including the bankruptcy of the contractor and the resignation of the governor, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
In 2012, the facility was visited by the Sverdlovsk regional government Chairman Denis Pasler, who decided the facility needed repair as part of his program for developing physical culture and sports in the region.
The pool is now a modern sports complex after the size was increased to accommodate 870 people per day, compared with a previous capacity of 670 people per day. The renovations also included the construction of a table tennis complex, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
Overall, the Sverdlovsk region has seen the construction of 40 sports facilities in the last three years.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants