Sverdlovsk region begins tourism training for World Cup 2018
"The Tourism Development Center is thinking not only of the sports events agenda for the foreign guests, but also the cultural and historical one(s): visitors to the Urals will be offered guided tours of the Nevyansk Tower, the churches and temples of Verkhoturye, and the landmarks associated with Pavel Bazhov," a statement from the ministry's press service said, according to Ural Business Consulting.
The first crew of 40 trainees began professional development courses, certifying them in various hosting positions to accommodate the projected 600,000 domestic and foreign visitors arriving in Yekaterinburg to attend the event, Ural Business Consulting reports.
"I don't think that sports-themed tours will be very popular," Tourism Development Center Director Elmira Tukanova said, according to Ural Business Consulting. "The football pitches themselves are bound to provide plenty of sports-related emotions. However, it will be interesting [for visitors] to get to know the Sverdlovsk region after the games."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants