Spanish embassy opens consulate in Yekaterinburg
"We consider Spain not only as a place to rest our citizens, but also as a business partner," Embassy Vice Mayor Sergei Tushin said, according to RG.ru. "In particular, in 2012 the company has developed from Barcelona [a] technical project development of the second metro line in Yekaterinburg."
While the honorary Spanish consulate will not process Spanish visa requests, it will serve as a hub for international business relationships and even plans to organize youth football clubs.
Francis Rodriguez Pantoja de Ory, the honorary consul of Spain in Yekaterinburg, held the inaugural party at the new consulate on Monday to celebrate his 38th birthday, RG.ru reports.
Currently, Yekaterinburg is home to 13 general consulates and embassies, as well as 12 offices for honorary consuls.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants