UrFU men's football team defeats regional rivals during zonal competition
The matches took place last week in Tyumen, with UrFU defeating GAUSZ 11-0 and TSOGU 5-0.
Later in the stage, UrFU cored 11 goals against Tobolsk State Social Pedagogical Academy and seven goals against Chelyabinsk South Ural State University. In the fifth round of the competition, the team tied 2-2 with Perm State Pedagogical University.
UrFU sophomore Peter Grigoriev was named the best player of the tournament. Cyril Dobrynin, a student in UrFU's Institute of Humanities and Arts, was named best defender.
"The tournament was a good workout before the upcoming matches," UrFU coach Sergey Bannikov said. "During the games, the guys held up well and adequately presented the home institution, so, in the fall we will show their skills on the championship of Russia."
The team will compete at the European Student Games in early August in Rotterdam.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants