Two Yekaterinburg residents detained in connection with defrauded charity
Regional police said parents--allegedly the suspects--of a seriously ill five-year-old girl turned to charitable groups to help raise money for the child's treatment, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
When contributions began to flow in for the child's treatment, nearly $3,000 disappeared from the fund. Authorities have yet to determine how the money went missing.
The suspects were detained after being caught on video at an ATM. Authorities have filed criminal charges against the suspects, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants