Sverdlovsk courts may consider murder-for-hire case
Alexei Savosin, a 44-year-old world-class weight-lifter, and former Sverdlovsk regional prosecutor Alexei Karpov, have been accused of organizing the murder of a local accountant in February 2010, Ura.ru reports.
Karpov allegedly enlisted Savosin as a killer for hire following a financial disagreement between Karpov and the accountant. Authorities reported that Karpov allegedly paid Savosin $9,600 to gun down the accountant in Moscow.
In February 2012, Karpov allegedly once again hired Savosin to murder Siberian Trading Company CEO Yevgeny Konovalov during a trolleybus ride in Crowley. Officials also allege that Savosin was paid $13,700 to shoot the CEO in the head in a public setting, Ura.ru reports.
Courts are expected to decide whether to try Karpov and Savosin together or separately later this month.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants