Sverdlovsk officials push enhanced security at munitions landfill
Located in the Sverdlovsk region, the Aduyskom landfill is a disposal site for the Russian military's munitions and armored vehicle waste, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
"Issuance of permits for the transport of dangerous goods is the responsibility of the Ural state road management [with] supervision of the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Sverdlovsk region," Kuyvashev said in a response, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta. "But the problem of dangerous goods safety and the safety of other road users is very acute."
Requests for more thorough security of the landfill started pouring in last November, after a military automobile en route to Aduyskom collided with a civilian car on the Yekaterinburg Beltway. No injuries occurred, but the cargo was damaged.
Currently, the Russian military is using the Aduyskom landfill to dispose of decommissioned ammunition shells, explosives, military vehicles and chemicals, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants