Sverdlovsk region fines 230 cab drivers for violations in 2013
In total, there were 236 instances of traffic code violations by cab drivers during the year, including 78 cases when passengers were transported by an unlicensed driver and 77 cases when taxi markings and signage were used without authorization, Ural Business Consulting reports.
So far in 2014, there have been 74 cab-related traffic code violations, including 27 instances of transferring passengers illegally and 31 cases of using taxi signs without authorization.
"Besides, we carried out a multi-faceted inspection of the taxi business in the area in cooperation with the Transport and Communications Ministry for the first time this year," Traffic Safety Inspector Alexander Porubenko said, according to Ural Business Consulting. "We uncovered 655 instances of the traffic code violations by taxi drivers, including 38 offenses committed by foreign citizens, 25 cases when a taxi sign was mounted onto a car illegally and 31 cases when offenses were committed by drivers who had no permit to work as taxi drivers. Following this inspection, 10 administrative proceedings were instituted relating to illegal entrepreneurial activity."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants