Yekaterinburg hospital undertakes investigation after death of boy
The boy was rushed to intensive care late last month after receiving a cleansing enema in preparation for a simple elective surgery. The boy was pronounced dead of severe intoxication two hours after arriving in intensive care, despite doctors' multiple attempts to revive him, Oblastnaya Gazeta reports.
Hospital officials confirm that two additional children were placed in intensive care the same day after receiving the same enema treatment.
Investigators suspect that the enema mixture may have been tainted with a poisonous blend of saline, causing the three children to overdose from the five-liter dosage administered to each patient, according to Oblastnaya Gazeta.
A preliminary investigation of the hospital's supplies indicates that none of the saline bottles in storage have been tampered with. Spokespeople for the Yekaterinburg Ministry of Health said they do not believe foul play was involved.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants