Yekaterinburg consumers purchase nearly 500,000 tablets, smartphones in 2013
In total, 2013 smartphone sales in Yekaterinburg totaled $90 million, while tablet sales amounted to $40 million. Sales of smartphones increased 51 percent in terms of units sold year-over-year. Smartphone sales increased 84 percent year-over-year in terms of money spent on the devices, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Tablet sales rose 90 percent year-over-year in terms of units sold and 26 percent in terms of money spent.
The median price of a smartphone in Yekaterinburg fell to $280 in 2013, 13 percent less than in 2012. The median price of a smartphone in Russia during the year was $266. Svyaznoy estimates that one in four Yekaterinburg residents bought a smartphone in 2013, according to Ural Business Consulting.
Tablet prices in 2013 averaged $318 for both Yekaterinburg and all of Russia, marking a 28 percent decrease over 2012.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants