Yekaterinburg woman wanted on charges of real estate fraud
The Yekaterinburg resident is reported to have caused damage estimating over $1.42 million, Ural Business Consulting reports.
The woman is part of an organized crime group, according to the Economic Crime Department of Yekaterinburg in the division of Russia's Internal Affairs Ministry.
According to authorities the woman stole money from customers who were looking to purchase an apartment. She offered them apartments at prices below market rates. She would then promise to help with the purchase, leave them a receipt and then disappear, Ural Business Consulting reports.
Criminal proceedings have been instituted against the suspect. Russia's Internal Affairs Ministry is charging the suspect with a violation of Article 159 of the Russian Federation Criminal Code.
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants