UrFU, German consulate establish student exchange program
The exchange program was initially proposed in June at a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Representatives from the German Consulate and UrFU met again in September to finalize a proposal for the program which emphasizes issues of cooperation between the two countries.
At Thursday's meeting, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeir also proposed a program to improve UrFU's competitiveness as an international university. A special German council will evaluate UrFU's educational offerings in political science, economics and global policy, and provide feedback to the university as to how it can improve the programs in order to be included on the Top 100 World Universities list in 2020.
"I fully agree that UrFU [will be included] among the 15 universities that develop a specific program," German Consulate General Andreas Klassen said during the meeting. "It is similar in nature to the program Excellence Initiative, which is realized in Germany. Well that Russia is going down this path."
- WNBA Coach of the Year Sandy Brondello to coach UMMC Yekaterinburg
- Yekaterinburg's Factory Kitchen UZTM proposed as cultural heritage site
- Yekaterinburg youth to train veterans on computer use
- WorldSkills promises spectacular opening ceremony to Hi-Tech championship in Yekaterinburg
- French universities present course offerings at UrFU
- New housing output doubles in Sverdlovsk region in 2014
- Russia to unveil 2018 FIFA World Cup emblem on Oct. 28
- Yekaterinburg Circus holds special performance for veteran performers
- UBRD begins issuing bank cards with contactless payment technology
- Actress Keira Knightley visits UrFU to discuss charity work