UrFU, German consulate establish student exchange program
The exchange program was initially proposed in June at a meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Representatives from the German Consulate and UrFU met again in September to finalize a proposal for the program which emphasizes issues of cooperation between the two countries.
At Thursday's meeting, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeir also proposed a program to improve UrFU's competitiveness as an international university. A special German council will evaluate UrFU's educational offerings in political science, economics and global policy, and provide feedback to the university as to how it can improve the programs in order to be included on the Top 100 World Universities list in 2020.
"I fully agree that UrFU [will be included] among the 15 universities that develop a specific program," German Consulate General Andreas Klassen said during the meeting. "It is similar in nature to the program Excellence Initiative, which is realized in Germany. Well that Russia is going down this path."
- Ural Airlines modifies rewards program
- Exhibition to celebrate Tchaikovsky's birthday
- Ural State Academy of Architecture and Arts hosts first StartUp Design Week
- URFU hosts annual natural history festival
- Robocenter added to map of important robotics centers
- Sverdlovsk housing market prices increase
- Volschansk Mechanical Plant expanding product range
- Sverdlovsk Regional Entrepreneurship Support Fund to accept applications for CMEF
- Over 4,500 residents have already lost jobs this year in Sverdlovsk
- USMU accepting Global Education program applicants